Retro Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Plates

Hear tell the DMV is going to start selling new old school license plates. They must have noticed what they are selling for on CL and at the swap meets.
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Re: Retro Plates

You mean yellow on black?

Comment

I heard that too somewhere.
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Sounds like they are going to charge you an additional $50 a year in Reg fees to have them too...

I do not know about anyone else, but have you noticed how the Reg fees for older cars have been creeping up? The reg fee for my Dad's 56 Vette was down to $26... Now it is almost $100. I know because I pay the bill...
        Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-01-2013, 01:59 PM.
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

There's a good thread about it over on CB. Go here:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=217491

Comment

Is it possible to transfer old plates to a car. I have a set of black and yellow plates that I would love to put on my Mustang, but can never get a straight answer at the DMV. The retro plates sound cool, but would have to see them in person to see if they look good.
            We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Comment

You can't transfer old black and yellows unless the year of the car matches the sequence of the plate and so forth. It can be done but its a hassle.
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

there is a website or you can order Retro license plates for 100 dollars and not pay the DMV registration fee

Comment

Couple years ago, the wife bought me some blue and yellow actual 1972 plates. DMV would not allow me to change the reg on my bronco. Gave some crap about only vintage cars can do that; vintage referring to pre 1940 or some crap.
                  72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Looking at the DMV info page for vintage plates it says they must have 7500 preorder applications by 2015 in order to actually do the vintage plates. Does that mean you have to wait until 2015 to actually get approved to have a new vintage plate?
                    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

The YOM program goes for the black and yellow plates up to 69. The plates need to be in good condition and cleared with DMV and have the correct year sticker (obtained from ebay etc...) unless it is a 1963 vehicle as it is stamped on the plate. As far as the first letter on the plate needing to math the sequence of the years from what I have been told is not true. This is from the special processing center at DMV and asked a few people from dmv on different occasions as well as plate collector and restoration people. But who knows for sure until you actually do it. If you have a set in your name you can transfer them to another period correct car as long as the year sticker matches the year of the car. No DMV YOM pro but this is what I have researched over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                        Looking at the DMV info page for vintage plates it says they must have 7500 preorder applications by 2015 in order to actually do the vintage plates. Does that mean you have to wait until 2015 to actually get approved to have a new vintage plate?
                        Here's the "Plain English" version of the Legacy Plates FAQs website and specific questions/answers...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/faqs.htm

Q15: Will the DMV wait until January 1, 2015 to implement the program even if the minimum is reached before that date?
                        A: No. Once the required minimum is reached, implementation of the program will go into development.

Q16: How long after the program is implemented will I receive the plates I have pre-ordered?
                        A: Approximately 9-12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by twisted 66 View Post
                          The YOM program goes for the black and yellow plates up to 69. The plates need to be in good condition and cleared with DMV and have the correct year sticker (obtained from ebay etc...) unless it is a 1963 vehicle as it is stamped on the plate. As far as the first letter on the plate needing to math the sequence of the years from what I have been told is not true. This is from the special processing center at DMV and asked a few people from dmv on different occasions as well as plate collector and restoration people. But who knows for sure until you actually do it. If you have a set in your name you can transfer them to another period correct car as long as the year sticker matches the year of the car. No DMV YOM pro but this is what I have researched over time.
                          I have come to the same conclusions from my research on this. I have some B&Y plates I'm going to use for the Comet and they still have the 1965 sticker on them. I'll report back once I get them re-registered to the '65 Comet and let ya'll know how it goes!
                          sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Yes there are ways to get the orig B/Y plates, going through this now on Shari's 67
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

What the year sticker you speak of?
                              We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Comment

Working...
                              X