• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanted

Here's the info on ETA and such
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, you guy's went way beyond my request for some old magazines. I am sure his group will enjoy the enormous generosity.
      When I meet up with you guy's, beer is on me. Chris

Comment

Thank you from the 2nd Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment "Rangers"..These are the Chosen Company Boys in Afghanistan.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cag33; 08-31-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Bringing this back up. I just got word that Chris has started getting the subscription that Justice and Tortuga had sent. He has passed them around Chosen Co. and they really appreciate the generosity.
          I owe you guy's a beer or five.

Comment

Six, or seven? No need.... It was my pleasure! Glad they're getting some enjoyment out of the deal!
            1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Gentlemen (and Ladies?),

I'm not sure if y'all remember, but about a year ago, my father-in-law Chris reached out on my behalf for any old magazines some of you may have had and been willing to part with for me while I was deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. I wanted to let each and every one of you know that I did indeed receive those magazines, and that they really helped out while passing the time between missions (and sometimes while on mission). And also know that not only was I very grateful,but so where the guys in my platoon whom I shared them with.

I don't know you by name or by face, but I know you as red-blooded Americans, people who had the heart to lend a hand in supporting a soldier you did not know, doing a job you know nothing about, and reaching out anyways. It's awesome to know that there are folks like y'all still in this country, and it's good to know you are aware of what's going on over there, and support us.

Along with that, please note with pride that you supported the most decorated light infantry company in Afghanistan during2012-2013. During our 9 months there, we ran more missions, killed more booger eaters, walked farther, and neutralized an area of operations large enough for five times our size, than any other unit in Afghanistan during that time there. Take pride in that, because it's the support we receive from the families back home like you guys that gets us through it all.

Thanks again to every one of you.

And a special thanks to the unending support from my father-in-law Chris, for everything you've done for me. I hope to return the favor tenfold, sooner rather than later. And thanks for raising an amazing woman whom I'm proud to call my wife. I couldn't be luckier!

Sincerely,
              Chris Dutton
              Chosen Company 2-16 Infantry Battalion 4IBCT 1st Infantry Division
              Fort Riley, KS

Comment

Working...
              X