New tow rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tow rig?

Due to a temporary lapse of my marginal sanity I bought this truck today. I know it is not very sexy, but it has a REAL rebuilt FI 460 and a 5 speed manual with a 13 foot bed. The tires are good with two new. I figure 10 miles to the gallon down hill and empty. Now I just need a crane to put my Bronco on it.
    Attached Files
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Re: New tow rig?

how wide between the bed stakes?
    '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

I have my crane card, fixed and swing cab. Let me know when you get one and I will operate it for you.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry66 View Post
        Now I just need a crane to put my Bronco on it.
        Nooooo. Just use some 2x4's as ramps
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Convert it to a rolloff bed and you're in biness!
          sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

The stakes are on 3 foot centers. The bed is 7 1/2 feet wide.

I can get one of these cranes for only $40,000 a week!
            Attached Files

Comment

All you need is a good set of ramps. Steve (Highlander) and I loaded his Bronco and mine onto a trailer a few years back using ramps no problem. They were ramps that were made for loading tractors and heavy equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                All you need is a good set of ramps. Steve (Highlander) and I loaded his Bronco and mine onto a trailer a few years back using ramps no problem. They were ramps that were made for loading tractors and heavy equipment.
                I thinking of towing a car trailer for toys and using the truck bed for beer.

Comment

Which would be carrying the heavier load?
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by Henry66 View Post
                    I thinking of towing a car trailer for toys and using the truck bed for beer.
                    I like that idea more! With a lifted bronco on that flatbed, even that truck would get a little tippy in the corners... Personally, I would shorten the bed and maybe the frame and make it an 8-10 ft tilt bed. Because there is almost nothing you can't accomplish around the house with a tilt bed truck!
                    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

i know how to build some ramps, just ask BroncoBrian or stonepony
                      72 BRONCO,still building.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHarvey56 View Post
                        i know how to build some ramps, just ask BroncoBrian or stonepony
                        No you don't Ok I take that back you do but you need something like in post 6 to lift them
                        Last edited by Bronco Brian; 04-30-2012, 04:34 PM.
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Wish me luck, put about 5,000 lbs. on it for starters. Yuba Co. bound early Saturday morning. The big timbers are 8x8 and 12x12 12 feet long, solid heart cut southern oak. They weigh about 400 to 800lbs each. The yellow stuff in the background is "C" channel and angle iron "packing crates". If I make it home and back I will be after some of those next week.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X