Turkey Breast in the smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Breast in the smoker

This weekend we got a nice break in the crap weather, so I fired up the smoker. I picked up a nice lil Turkey breast and hung it up in my mini barrel smoker. I put on a nice rub and some olive oil, it sure turned out nice!!

The only thing I would do a little different, I should have basted it a bit.

The major life saver in this though was my new addition of the remote meat thermometer. It was perfect, I had it sitting on the counter while I continued on with the other parts of the meal. I didnt fall victim to my need to sneak peaks and cause the temp to fluctuate.

If you dont have a remote meat thermometer, go out and pick on up!! You wont ever cook again without it.

Re: Turkey Breast in the smoker

What kind of barrel is that? I like that idea.

Comment

Re: Turkey Breast in the smoker

Its a little 15 gallon barrel, typically grease barrels at a local oil and lube place. I burned it out for a few hours and then took a weed burner to it. They are perfect, dont take long to fire up and dont take up all sorts of space.

I could make one up for you.

Comment

Working...
      X