Temperature Controller For Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Controller For Smoker

There hasn't been any activity on this forum for awhile so I thought I'd post this. I recently bought a Pitmaster IQ110 for my Weber Smoky Mountain aka Weber Bullet. I've only used it once but it works great. I'd did a couple of racks of ribs. It took a little time to get I dialed in but after that it kept the temperature steady. No more jumping up every half hour to adjust the vents. It can be used on other smokers as well.

Here's a link:

http://pitmasteriq.com/catalog/product/view/id/2

Re: Temperature Controller For Smoker

I so getting one when I get a smoker for my deck.....damn my folks never turn down a dinner invite...they sure won't when I start with the next step?

Comment

I probably should have gone this route. I went high tech, WiFi, etc. and never use the functions. I thought I'd expand mine and add more smokers but never did that either. In fact, labor Day weekend I did a pork butt and a packer brisket at the same time and didn't even pull out the controller.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

That's a cool device, I may have to add that to my list of cool gadgets to buy. I have decided that I need to replace my cheap, old brinkmann smoker because it has seen its better days. There are just too many issues with it now and I don't really want to put more money in to fixing something that can only ever be just "okay".

I have my eye on a Primo or Big Green Egg, to possibly be built into an outdoor kitchen island adjacent to my new patio. All in good time...
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
          That's a cool device, I may have to add that to my list of cool gadgets to buy. I have decided that I need to replace my cheap, old brinkmann smoker because it has seen its better days. There are just too many issues with it now and I don't really want to put more money in to fixing something that can only ever be just "okay".

I have my eye on a Primo or Big Green Egg, to possibly be built into an outdoor kitchen island adjacent to my new patio. All in good time...
          I use to have an ECB (El Cheapo Brinkman as their called on the Virtual Weber Bullet website). There are too many air gaps to be able to control the temp effectively. Both the Primo and Big Green Egg are fine units.

If you go with the Weber Bullet I suggest the 22 1/2 inch model. Only the 18 inch model was available when I bought mine.

Comment

Working...
          X