Smell of BBQ in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smell of BBQ in the morning

Fired up the BBQ at 8:30 A.M. Sunday morning and had a 4.5 lb brisket on it by 9. Slow cooked (kept the bbq at 220) with apple and hickory chips for about 5 hours, wrapped it in foil when the internal temp was 165. During the cooking process I basted the meat with an apple juice Worcestershire mix. Cooked a while longer until the internal temp was 190. Pulled off the Q and placed it in an ice chest for another hour while I cooked a tenderloin. This was my second attempt at a brisket and it turned out to be the most tender one I have had. The rub I made had a flavor that bit back(a little too much cayenne). I kept some of the drippings from the foil and added brown sugar and some more apple juice. This made a nice sweet sauce to counter the cayenne. Having a brisket sammich for breakfast today.
    Attached Files
    302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Re: Smell of BBQ in the morning

Sound good

Comment

Sounds like you did all the right things. I've been meaning to cook a brisket. Your post made my mouth water.

Comment

Thanks.

I followed the procedures a lot of guys were posting up in a smoking forum. I thought I would pass on the procedure as it turned out so good.
        302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Working...
        X