Good bye blue plastic ARB hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bye blue plastic ARB hose

I've been talking to Jim at Wild Horses and he was able to put together a heavy duty line kit for the ARB for me.
    The line is the same material they make the braided brake hoses out of, so you know it's strong.
    The lines have a -3an fitting on them and you get to pick the length.
    90 degree and straight hose ends available.
    If you want to use your own line, WH also sells the adapters from ARB to -3an separately.

Call them for pricing, it can be cheaper than the blue hose and 2 of the fitting kits directly from ARB.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by welndmn; 04-02-2014, 06:43 AM.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Re: Good bye blue plastic ARB hose

That's nice!

Comment

I always look at the blue hose as a fusible link though. Rather break the blue than tear the fitting apart.

Comment

I did something similar using all parts from McMaster-Carr to plumb my ARB air lines. Braided stainless hose rated to pressures that far exceed the (regulated) PSI required to operate an ARB locker.

Word to the wise - the ARB fittings are 1/8" British pipe thread. Kind of an oddball, but adapting that to -3an is doable. I did not spend a fortune by any means on my air plumbing. Just leave enough slack to more than account for how much your axle can travel, route it somewhere safe and it'll just work.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I've never ripped or pulled a blue line, my issues with the blue are always from changes near it. It gets too close to the exhaust, a welder gets too close, ETC.
          Having braided line removes all those issues for me.

Tony, I've not seen the BPT fittings before, I do get distracted on their site trying to find something they don't sell. I was known to just drill my solenoids to 1/8 NPT, but then I have to remember to do that on my spares too.
          Last edited by welndmn; 04-02-2014, 12:30 PM.
          Mark Harris

Comment

? thought these have been available for years, my EB has had SS arb lines for at least 15 years.
            Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

I have them as well.
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

It's not a new product to the market, it's new to WH, the main benefit from getting it from WH is getting the exact length you want.
                Mark Harris

Comment

I hear that......

1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                  X