A9L vs. A3M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A9L vs. A3M1

I am looking for an ECM and have a guy that is telling me that the A3M1 is a better computer than the A9L. (more power and more torque) So is he full of sh$t or is he telling the truth. I don't know anything about the A3M1.

call ron morris
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I think the A3M1 has a slightly higher rev limit than the A9L, but I haven't heard of it having more HP or Torque... The TwEECer guys will probably know for sure too...

Comment

Any findings?

Comment

Originally posted by House
          Any findings?

Nothing yet. Everything that I've read thus far says that they are the same. But if they are the same, then why do they have two different software codes? Doesn't make sense. There has to be some difference.

Comment

Why are you still worried about it? Your A9 puter will work fine...besides we all know that it is your cam that is causing the issues... (i hope... )
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
              Why are you still worried about it? Your A9 puter will work fine...besides we all know that it is your cam that is causing the issues... (i hope... )

I don't have an A9 computer. I have an 8LD computer. So I am looking for an A9L to run and then use the 8LD as a spare. Is that okay with you?

Comment

WTF? I thought you bought an A9L on Ebay from a local guy?

Comment

Request denied.

No, I've been running the 8LD, which according to the FFI.com sight is 5.0 MAF computer and indeed I originally got it from a CA 88 Mustang that was set with with MAF. So I would like to find a good A9L to run and just keep the 8LD as a back up. So........ I know you have an A9L hiding in your garage that you've been saving for a rainy day. I think that you need to sell it to me.

Comment

NOPE. I have an X3Z in my rig now to run the 24 lb. injectors...Look on Ebay. you should be able to get one for 75 bucks or so...cheap insurance...although I have never had an issue. I figure there are tons of mustangs with 100 k miles with the original ECM

Comment

Really!? You have an X3Z?? I did know to read your signature!? I had never read it before. (just kidding) I know that you are running that now, I thought that you might have an extra A9L laying around. I've been watching eBay for months and months but they keep going for well over $100! Usually over $140!!

Comment

I have an A9L you can use if you are trying to see if you have a problem...?
                        I need it back though, it is the only one I have for my Bronco.

Comment

I forgot that my sig stated that...ooh, did you know I am running an X3Z?

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                            I forgot that my sig stated that...ooh, did you know I am running an X3Z?

Stop it! You don't say?! Why didn't you tell us that sooner?

Hey, on another note. I found a guy that is selling his 93 Cobra upper and Lower w70mm throttle body very very cheap. With this set up I could run my stock MAF and 19 lb. injectors just to get some better flow for now and then some day run a larger MAF and 24 lb. injectors when I build my 347. Although upgrading to the 24 lb. injectors would also mean a new computer too right? X3Z perhaps? Anyway, is it worth picking this up? It is a divorce sale and he just wants it gone before the Ex goes through the garage to take an inventory of what she is going to get half of.

Comment

Working...
                            X