X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers.................

Everyones fav EB subject.
    So what fit with the least work. (5.0)
    I am broke, and in a fit of rage stipped everything from my truck, so it looks like I have to re do it.
    The stock mustangs seem close, I cut the flange off the driver side and it seems twisting and adding about 1 inch to it makes it real close, but part of it hits the bolt on the engine for the clutch linkage.
    What else fits with little work, looking to only spend 100-150.
    no 400$ headers

I know my friend got some center dump ones, those fit decent, but made him have to switch to a mini starter (more $ I don't want to spend)
    So, anyone but so of those 100$ ones from summit and hack on them?
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Ive been running Hooker long tubes for over 10 years now, kind of suprised how long they have lasted. I added a bung to each when I did EFI and as far as clearence goes I dont have any problems. However since Im doing a 4link now I may go to shorties to make doing the headpipe easier.

Justin
    1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

I bought the sweet 5.0 ones from summit for my last project. Granted it was a 5.8, the headers were way too wide to fit in between the head and the fender well. Ended up going with JBA Ceramic from WH. I personally have the BC flangeless headers. Nice fit, but not as heavy duty as the JBA (lighter tube). Overall the beast long tube on the market are the old wild horse extreme L&L, now sold by Jeff's.

I have some older duff long tubes that I had on the wall of my shop. THey are painted gloss and would need to be stripped. Free if you want them. I can pick them up at storage tomorrow. call my cell at 209-247-8426 brfore noon if interested.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Thanks, I just don't think the long tubes will fit with the front 60. But I may just take you up on them and see myself

Some of these lok promising.
        http://store.summitracing.com/partde...part=SUM-G9076

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...part=SUM-G9037

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...part=HED-88400

Thoughts?
        Mark Harris

Comment

All will fit...somewhat. THe passenger side will obviously dump right into the frame. You will need some cutting to get it to fit, or a really tight bend. I know the 351 is wider, but the stang aftermarket headers were not even close to fitting. If you can fit these in and can make the bend around the frame rail then hit it. Not to sure how these will effect the equalizer bar on the driver's side.
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

[QUOTE=welndmn]Thanks, I just don't think the long tubes will fit with the front 60. But I may just take you up on them and see myself QUOTE]

Well there is your problem... want to trade for my HP44 and I will work out the header issue? Kidding of course, I know the answer to that one already. Here is a pic of the drivers side, the passenger side is above the starter so no problems over there.

Justin
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SonicDonkey; 08-19-2007, 02:48 PM.
            1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Damn, is your 44 re tubed?
              When tried to run full headers on my friends 44, they hit the pinion.
              Thats the reason I thought they'd hit the 60.
              I ended up with some block hugger headers from summit.
              We put them on my friends 351 and they fit ok........
              Should be Tues then I can cut those up.
              Best part is they were only only 100$
              Mark Harris

Comment

What type of clutch are you running?
                I converted to hydro and run patriot clipster headers. They work out great and were a great medium between manifolds and longtubes.

Clipster headers from summit
                The only mods were trashing the mechanical clutch linkage and little massage to the floorboard/firewall on the pass. side with a sledge.
                You can see the pass. side header in my buildup thread on page 3.
                70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn
                  Nope, early F150 HP44, stock short side and shortened long side. Not too tall either, 5.5" wh coils + some.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by welndmn

Nope, early F150 HP44, stock short side and shortened long side. Not too tall either, 5.5" wh coils + some.
                    That's the diffrence you narrowed the D44, when you go full width it moves the diff to the driver side ~3".
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Are the ones I just bought.

I still have the stock clutch linkage. I don't know why, its just never giving me a reason to rip it out.
                      Mark Harris

Comment

Here you see them on Dblue351's truck.
                        I plan on adding 3-4 inches to the collector so I it will fit better on mine.

Mark Harris

Comment

how do these headers work on the passenger side up against the frame?

headers for under a hundy??? what in the hell is the world coming to where it needs to have it's headers made in china... Makes my $460 BC headers seem a little bit over priced...

Comment

yea, but they sure are pretty.
                            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

This is the passenger side.
                              I took little pics, I am rushed to finish this turd, and its costing me in doing things twice

While not a bolt on, I had to add about 1.5 inches to the collector to better clear the starter/frame/oil pan.
                              but for the 300$ I saved its well worth it.
                              Attached Files
                              Mark Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X