Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blwngsket Project

Bout time I posted the project Bronco here.
    Spent some time building a cage this weekend. Ordered a cage from All 4 fun offroad. Had the cage fitted(all tubes cut to size, notched,tacked together then broken down) and shipped. I also had two door bars bent for the seat mounts. Shipped to my door was $610.00.
    Pics.
    Attached Files
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Looks good. Now that it runs and has a roll bar, how long until you hit the trail?
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looking nice Tony... I'll have to cruise by and check out your handy-work next time in Elk Grove.

The Other Tony
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

looks good.. lets get a trail run...

A
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Hey Tony,

Who's the little guy peaking over the bed rail?

Looking good. Imay have to go through them for a rollbar too since I don't have a bender or any clue how to use one.

Jeff
          Vacaville, Ca
          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Looks very nice.
            Imay have to go through them for a rollbar too since I don't have a bender or any clue how to use one.
            For the amount of work it saves you that is a great price.

FM <><
            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

That is a great price!!! But I will always give "Sillyneck" a call for my cages etc....

A
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by seahawkfan
                Hey Tony,

Who's the little guy peaking over the bed rail?

Looking good. Imay have to go through them for a rollbar too since I don't have a bender or any clue how to use one.

Jeff
                Ya know, at 5'9'' I'm not the tallest guy, but this thing is a little tall. Be glad when the new suspension settles a little bit.
                Did some more work on the cage. The door bars were cut wrong. Wait for a new bar for the driver side or notch the floor. HMMMM.... Waited too long already. Notch the floor.
                Tony
                Pics
                Attached Files
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                  Looks good. Now that it runs and has a roll bar, how long until you hit the trail?
                  Seats and registration. Been non-op for too long. Whole bunch of other things to do but atleast I'll be able to drive it.
                  Tony

Comment

Looks like a nice cage! Nice notch too.

Comment

You do own a Bronco! Looking good Tony
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick
                        You do own a Bronco! Looking good Tony
                        Yea now there's proof, me in the picture with it.
                        Here's some more pic's.
                        Finished the mounts for the seats and cut and welded some braces. Just tacked for now to see how I like em.
                        What do you guys think?
                        I don't know if I posted this or not but I took a pic of the cue ball shifter Jeff made for me. Thanks again jeff, youv'e got skills. How's the rad support doing?
                        Tony
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket
                          Seats and registration. Been non-op for too long. Whole bunch of other things to do but atleast I'll be able to drive it.
                          Tony
                          Hell, you don't need the registration. You have connections.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Tony,

Nice work on the notch, I've been thinking about doing something like that, just to make a little more room for getting in and out of the driver's side.

Nice cage.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer
                              Tony,

Nice work on the notch, I've been thinking about doing something like that, just to make a little more room for getting in and out of the driver's side.

Nice cage.

Thanks, hope to drive it up your way to bend the rear portion of the cage when you have some time. Do you have a die for 2" tube? Glad I went this way instead of adding on to my crappy old cage.
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X