PROJECT: Pokey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT: Pokey

well as some of you know Pokey is from Gumby and friends. Hes a horse and orange. My bronco is orange and a bronco is a horse, so theres the name.

bought this 71 for $2000 from a guy in stockton. this is going to be a VERY slow build. My pocket isnt as big as others but its big enough

First picture is the day i picked it up second is what it looks like today
    Attached Files
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

2WD swap

well this was a HELL OF A GOOD WEEKEND. got my PS all hooked up and running. this was a long project but can be done in a weekend.

well the 2WD swap is almost all bolt together if you can find the right parts. (THANKS Aaron and RICK)
    Tear down is the easy part, bolting the new pullies was cake. I made a spacer out of 1inch tubing so the frame wouldn't squish. I got the idea for the steering from Broncrick. a $69 joint sounds better than a $200 custom slip joint shaft. Turned out REAL nice. and luck for me the steering wheel was in the EXACT palce i wanted it to be first try so i didnt need to pull that off.

i spent too much time running around town getting bolts, Luckiley OSH was having a no sales tax weekend ( so i saved >$1) hahahaha

and i had to "MASSAGE" my Rad to get it to fit right. HAMMER TIME!
    {o===o}
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

oops forgot the pics
      Attached Files
      {o===o}

Comment

o and before i forget

YES i am goin to weld up the bracket
        {o===o}

Comment

Nice work. My favorite pic is #4. You, a wrench, a pair of pliers, 2 hammers and a big effin cheater bar. Nothin' like the power of persuasion. How does it drive?
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

LIKE A DREAM! its going to take some time to get use to ( 2 years of manual steering) but perfect
            {o===o}

Comment

Now you don't have to wheel with both hands on the wheel, and your thumbs out of the wheel (I learned the hard way).
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

WAY COOL.. Nice Job!!! Bronco is loooking Good!!!!!

Aaron
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Congrats Ryan! glad it all worked out

Rick-
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Great job, the bronco is looking good. so what's next on the list?
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Nice work man! The Bronco looks great. So is that the same paint now from when you originally bought it, just buffed out? If so, it looks great!

Comment

high- not sure yet. would love to just drop 2k for cage arms and hansen bumpers. gimme some ideas, all it took for this one is everyone at the meeting saying do it! haha and i did. maybe some bed liner

Crawl- Original paint with 3 hours of wet sanding, polish and wax. never going to do that again
                        {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                          Crawl- Original paint with 3 hours of wet sanding, polish and wax. never going to do that again
                          Sounds like a bunch of work but it really turned out nice. I may give that a shot on my stylin' mustard yellow beast...

Great looking Bronco, looks like you're making good progress.
                          Tony
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

So do you want to come wet sand,polish, and wax my bronco? I'll buy you a soda pop. Your bronco is coming out good.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

good job, looking great!!!!!!!
                              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X