LIft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIft

Im fairly new at workin on broncos and trying to decide on what kind of lift i should get...size and type...off road mostly be messing around in hills and use it for hunting..prob not gonna rock crawl this one..so bascially its gonna be a daily driver so want to look good but also be functional...thxs for input..Bill

3.5" lift.... If you want,, add a body lift... but 3.5" lift is perfect. 33" tires and you are ready for small trails and hunting roads...

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
      3.5" lift.... If you want,, add a body lift... but 3.5" lift is perfect. 33" tires and you are ready for small trails and hunting roads... Aaron
      X2! The best combo as said is 3.5" suspension lift, a 2" body lift, and 33" tires, 33X12.50 on 15X10 rims. Very streetable, looks great, low center of gravity, easy to do, and plenty of clearance for trails. This is the one I built for my son who drove it last week for the first time. I have two more, one I will sell soon and the third for me.
      Attached Files
      Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Lift

with those two lifts what stock pieces do i have to change..brake lines..pitman arm..radiator ?? thxs for input

Comment

3.5 with some 33's is a good DD.

All you have to change is the pitman arms and break lines going from the frame to the axle. If you dont plan on doing some wheeling with it the stock e brake cables should be fine,. if not change those out. A nice upgrade to do is just buy some extended radius arms with the lift. You have to weld on a braket to the frame but im sure you can offer someone beer to burn a few welds. It bolts up first so you can take it to someone. Drive shafts should work.
          Nothing to extreme to do with a nice set up from www.WildHorses4x4.com
          I am running a WH 3.5 lift with a WH 2"Body lift with 33's and i do fine. I have heard some people say that they wish the had gotten the 3.5 lift.

But you should check out some of the build threads on here and tell me that reading those doesnt make you wanna build a crawler. hahahaha

Are you running an auto or manual?
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

one is auto, other is 3 speed on floor

Comment

For now, I have a 2 1/2 suspention lift with a 1" body lift on 31's. I just got some 33's but haven't had a chance to try them. If I was you, I'd go bigger to start with because it seems everyone winds up going bigger eventually!
              73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

3.5" susp. and 2" body on 33's is a perfect setup for moderate trail, hunting and street use. Mine was like that and that combo doesn't create a lot of headaches. Then you get greedy and go to 5.5" of lift and 35" or 37" tires and BAM!!!! There goes the bank account!!! Been there, done that so it's all in what your really going to use it for.... Pops
                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

the one with the auto i would swap out the tranny for something different. The NP435 is the stock three speed and a STUPID low first gear (4 gears total). There is the ZF and NV4500 that has an overdrive to it too. But the NP435 is the best bag for you buck. and the low gear gets anything done

Pops what are you talking about "Moderate" use hahahaha 3.5 is the best !!!
                  {o===o}
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                    Pops what are you talking about "Moderate" use hahahaha 3.5 is the best !!!
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

ROTFL
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

you are worthy of my forgivness... this time.
                        {o===o}

Comment

Working...
                        X