Wiring a 6 port fuel selector valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a 6 port fuel selector valve?

Anyone know how to wire in the 6 port fuel selector valve for running EFI and dual tanks? I thought I'd give myself a deal and get the AC Delco U7000 6 port switch off Amazon and save $30 over the one BCB carries. Well, it showed up today and has no connector, wires OR instructions!

I looked at the instructions on BCB website and it only shows 1 wire going down to the switching valve from the switch. There's FIVE (5) pins inside the switch itself! Do I only need one of them? I've got NWP main & aux tanks and will be running my Holley red LP pump to the accum then an external HP pump to feed the rails. Stock dual tank dash switch.

Thanks for any help you fellas have to offer as always!
    Fungus
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fungus232; 02-25-2012, 05:47 PM.
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Re: Wiring a 6 port fuel selector valve?

Im pretty sure Ken (Bronken) has one. He might have info.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

This might work... You will have to bloww it up on the screen
      Attached Files
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Thanks Doug. Hard to break out once blown up but I think I can get it.

Comment

Fungus is yours a Pollak model? The last one I bought from JC Whitney about 8 years ago came with a pig tail and diagram. The one Doug posted is the correct one.
          69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

No, it's an AC Delco U7000 but looks EXACTLY the same as the Pollak.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is the same valve just re boxed. I just ordered a replacement for mine so I will have an extra pig tail if you want it.
              69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONKEN View Post
                I'm pretty sure it is the same valve just re boxed. I just ordered a replacement for mine so I will have an extra pig tail if you want it.
                Absolutely! That'd make my life easier for sure. Thanks bro!

Comment

Similar question and better diagram. http://www.coloradoclassicbroncos.co...php?f=5&t=3570

Comment

Thanks VW. That diagram is much easier to read. Do I actually need to run jumper wires on the back of the stock switch like it's pictured or is that already done internally to the switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                      Thanks VW. That diagram is much easier to read. Do I actually need to run jumper wires on the back of the stock switch like it's pictured or is that already done internally to the switch?
                      You need to make the jumpers. Pretty simple though. Functionally, the OEM switch is just a garden variety double pole double throw (DPDT) switch.
                      1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                      I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
                        You need to make the jumpers. Pretty simple though. Functionally, the OEM switch is just a garden variety double pole double throw (DPDT) switch.
                        Got it! Thanks Lars.

Comment

just a few questions... and maybe unsoliceted suggestion...
                          are you running the stock tank selector (to read the gauges)?
                          if so, is that its only function?

we ran that set up a few years back, set it up through a relay that controlled tanks and gauge. cant really see the diagram that clearly. not sure if that was how it was set up. but it worked nice and was very clean.
                          73 bronco

Comment

Originally posted by fatguy View Post
                            just a few questions... and maybe unsoliceted suggestion...
                            are you running the stock tank selector (to read the gauges)?
                            if so, is that its only function?

we ran that set up a few years back, set it up through a relay that controlled tanks and gauge. cant really see the diagram that clearly. not sure if that was how it was set up. but it worked nice and was very clean.
                            With the Pollak valve, the switch controls a motor in the valve, which in turn switches tanks. The valve also has contacts for switching which sender is connected to the gauge, so it does that job too. So the switch is actually doing more in this application than it did as wired by Ford back in the day.
                            1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                            I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
                              With the Pollak valve, the switch controls a motor in the valve, which in turn switches tanks. The valve also has contacts for switching which sender is connected to the gauge, so it does that job too. So the switch is actually doing more in this application than it did as wired by Ford back in the day.
                              exactly. we ran it to control the tanks and the gauge. we eliminated the stock tank selector. just ran it through a relay. worked flawlessly, and looked stock.
                              73 bronco

Comment

Working...
                              X