Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow Wheeling Jan 15th

Hammer down!!

Although you Bronco should be fine on this trip. Nothing hardcore.
    Last edited by dblue351; 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM.
    WT 4x4
    91' One Ton Bronco
    1971 Bronco
    9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
      Hammer down!!

Although you Bronco should be fine on this trip. Nothing hardcore.
      Hopefully I can keep up. I got at least 4 cyl. firing tonight, so hopefully I can get the others tomorrow.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Anybody doing breakfast in G-town? I so where and what time? My son, bronco and I are ready to go!!!!
        Leave No One Behind
        KK6AUW

Comment

I'm going to try and make this run too. I'll be bringing my 5yo so I don't get in trouble at the bar.
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

My boy is almost 5. Should be fun, I'm also going to bring a couple sleds if we have time to play! Hope to see you there.
            Leave No One Behind
            KK6AUW

Comment

Take lots of pictures... I'd be game for this trip if work didn't get in the way; I'd have rented a U-haul trailer if that's what it came to!
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Sleds + Bronco + tow strap + snow = FUN!

Also keep in mind this bar does not sell food in the winter, so pack some!
                WT 4x4
                91' One Ton Bronco
                1971 Bronco
                9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

ARB is working again!

just need to put the soft top on, pack beer and some sandwiches and gas it up
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                    ARB is working again!

just need to put the soft top on, pack beer and some sandwiches and gas it up
                    That's good that you got it going. So what was the problem with it?

Comment

How long of a drive is from Placerville to where everyone is meeting?
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                        That's good that you got it going. So what was the problem with it?
                        $2.00 o ring.
                        {o===o}
                        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                          How long of a drive is from Placerville to where everyone is meeting?
                          Not far.. Georgetown is a one horse town. small... maybe 30 min. 15 miles..
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Bronco is close to ready, doors on, top mostly on, just need to find all the snaps I took off the bed rails last year. Im ready to try out the new shoes in the snow, 40" Mtr Kevlars!
                            1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Ok the plan to to meet around Volcanoville Rd (Yes I'm sure I spelled it wrong, I have little sausages for a fingers and am on my phone).
                              Volcanoville rd is Right off Wentworth Springs Rd, and that goes through downtown Georgetown.
                              Volcanoville Rd says it has lots of parking for tow rigs / trailers. Don't park like a douche bag and we will all fit in there.
                              If not, there is a road before Volcanoville that has parking as well.
                              The Georgetown Firehouse has parking as well, I don't know where that is.

If you come up 50 and go 49 - > 193, beware, that is a super craptastic road. Your trailer will be on the bumps on the driver side and hanging off the cliff on the passenger side. Takes about 45 min's from 50 to Downtown Georgetown.
                              The road on 80 - > 49 is better. I don't know it and it's on the wrong side of the bay for me so it's not the way I go.

If you're hungry or need an eye opener. Go to the Georgetown Hotel. When you drive through Georgetown, it's only 2 blocks long, There is only one hotel it's on the right. Good bar, decent food. IF they are closed, there is a Clamper bar called the Miner across the street. Neat bar, if you're a Clamper you must stop.

There is a gas station in Georgetown, it will be the last one your passing, I suggest filling up. If you run out of fuel you will get made fun and I will target most of my jokes towards the size of your manhood (I'll get creative on the spot for you Kaitlin) .

I plan on being there around 10:45 to get my pile off the trailer.

I cannot stress enough, if you are taking 193, you need to be careful. The locals drive that road very fast and your trailer will be in their lane.

If you have a top/doors/windshield, you are not allowed to tell me how cold or how rainy it is.
                              Mark Harris
                              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Dave:
                                Ill meet at your house around 7?
                                {o===o}

Comment

Working...
                                X