Fuel/Vacuum Pump 1968 V8 289

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel/Vacuum Pump 1968 V8 289

Need help locating or rebuilding a fuel/vacuum pump for a 68 EB V8 289. I have searched all over the place for a replacement part but nobody has one. However, they still manufacture fuel/vacuum pump for a 68 inline 6. Does anyone know if there is any differences between the inline 6 pump vs the V8 (besides the arm length)? Could I rebuild my V8 fuel/vacuum pump by using the new parts in the inline 6 pump?

The truck is almost 100% completely original, I would prefer not to compromise the vacuum wipers by throwing on an aftermarket standard fuel pump.
    1968 Bronco Sport 289

Re: Fuel/Vacuum Pump 1968 V8 289

LMCtruck.com might help ya out...
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Tried LMC, no luck. All that they carry is the mechanical fuel pump, no vacuum.
      1968 Bronco Sport 289

Comment

try kanter automotive
        75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

I have the one off my '66 289 that you can have for the price of shipping. It had to go when I added power steering. Power steering pump interferes with the vacuum portion. I don't know if it worked because the wipers barely worked. That could have been because the wipers need a rebuild. I'm going to electric wipers so if you want those too, they will be available eventually. Pictures here from when I attempted to sell it:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154897

I'm in Mtn View, 94040. I can ship or we can make arrangements if you or someone you know will be in this neck of the woods.

Comment

You are a life saver. That would be excellent if you are willing to part with it. I can drive up this evening after work or schedule something for first thing Saturday morning? Please let me know what works best for you. Thanks!

---I just got off the phone with Kanter automotive, they are looking into their warehouse for one.
            1968 Bronco Sport 289

Comment

I'll look at home, someone made rebuild kits for them and the wipers....
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Napa part number

BSH N68405
                Attached Files
                {o===o}
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                Originally posted by CityHick
                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                  You are a life saver. That would be excellent if you are willing to part with it. I can drive up this evening after work or schedule something for first thing Saturday morning? Please let me know what works best for you. Thanks!

---I just got off the phone with Kanter automotive, they are looking into their warehouse for one.
                  Let me know if you need it after you find out from Kanter and whether or not you can actually get one from Napa. If so, I can just leave it out on my front porch and you can pick it up whenever. At the very least you could use it for parts. I never took mine apart but I figure there's probably just a diaphragm in there.

Comment

gddyap: More than likely I will take you up on the offer.

71Bronco71: What Napa store have you inputted? Everyone in my region has 0 quantity. Napa is the ol'faithful autoparts store, it was my first attempt.

Thanks for the help.
                    1968 Bronco Sport 289

Comment

I just purchased the fuel/vacuum pump online from Napa. Total out the door cost is $62 (a steal). I will knock on wood that I dont receive an email from them stating out of stock. Thanks again!
                      1968 Bronco Sport 289

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                        I just purchased the fuel/vacuum pump online from Napa. Total out the door cost is $62 (a steal). I will knock on wood that I dont receive an email from them stating out of stock. Thanks again!
                        There is a $20 finders fee.

Hahaha. What color is your rig?
                        {o===o}
                        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

The rig is either brown or copper, haven't figured it out yet, badly faded, so its a combo. Once its up and running I will take some better pictures, until then this is all I have. Btw, still looks good on the Napa order.
                          1968 Bronco Sport 289

Comment

Thats right...
                            {o===o}

Comment

Just got notice that my Napa order was canceled. No part available. And no call back from Kanter.

gddyap: Picking up the fuel/vacuum pump sounds like a plan. If you can leave it on the porch I can pick it up first thing Saturday. Please email me your address to:

slsamaniego@
                              sbcglobal.net

Thanks!
                              1968 Bronco Sport 289

Comment

Working...
                              X