Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
    If I was "smokin the refer" I'd probably wind up eatin cheetos and starring at my rig from a comfy chair.
    ....and taking forever to finish 'heck I could do this!.....' LOL
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• You'd think I was "Smokin the Refer" after pullin this one. I'm sure you remember this one Rick. Grinding metal, happy as sh*t and WAMM! Grinder goes ballistic and cuts through my glove, taking some skin with it .

Got some pic's for ya.
      Attached Files
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Got the new cross member in. Looks like about 4 " back. Instead of cutting out the rear bed support so I could move the tank back I cut one side of it and bent it up and welded it to itself. Seemed this would be stronger than cutting the whole thing out. My welding today really sucked. Boogered as hell I think. Plenty strong though.
        As allways, here's some pic's.
        Attached Files
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Looks good Tony!! When you're ready to stretch your WB, you'll be so glad you did this now. Sorry about your hand. I think we've all done that at one time or another.
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Well it's better than a kick in the nuts I guess

Comment

• Now that you finished the fuel filler install, I noticed this thread with some pretty nice flush mounted lockable filler caps:
              http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=110725
              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Very cool but they aint cheap. Think I'll wait untill I smash mine against a rock or something.

Comment

• Ouch Tony, took three butterflies to tie mine back together. Cool scar though. The xmember looks great! Whats next so we can go wheel?
                  Rick-
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Get the tank back in, seal around all the panels I've replaced, bleed the brakes, take out the cage and finish all the welds and paint, while the cage is out spray in the bed liner, register and drive.
                    If I worked like Marc it would take me a day or two . At my pace if I'm lucky a couple of weekends .
                    I do love this sh*t. Thank god there never really done, I'd miss working on her.
                    Tony

Comment

• There is absolutely no way Tony will have his pig on the road after that little, teeny-tiny list of things to do. He can't leave it alone. He wants it linked so that will be on the list too! Oh and probably full hydro. And maybe 4 wheel steering. And maybe....
                      The list will get bigger and bigger.

Closer than I am and I'm jealous. Good luck.

Jeff
                      Vacaville, Ca
                      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• You know me O so well... I'm tryin real hard to take Aarons advice and get it on the road first, then do the additional upgrades a little at a time. I'm sure there's a support group out there that helps people with a constant compulsion to modify. Just cant find it (not that I'd listen. Hi I'm Tony and I'm a modifications addict.). Think I'd wind up throwin a wrench at em and walkin out.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander View Post
                          Now that you finished the fuel filler install, I noticed this thread with some pretty nice flush mounted lockable filler caps:
                          http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=110725

That is the same that I used in my sandrail tank and even though pricey, I think I will use for the EB also. Clean look and lockable.

Its kind of funny, before I started to build my rail I had my budget all writen out including a $100 spun aluminum fuel tank. Well I got the tank, set it in the car and said to myself, thats not going to do. So I returned the $100 tank and bought a $100 fuel cap and built a custom tank. It ended up like this which made much happier!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by SonicDonkey; 12-11-2007, 08:33 PM. Reason: change
                          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

• That tank turned out real nice. And that cap looks Awsome!
                            Right know the stock gas cap sits were it will eventually get smacked so a nice cap is in my future. I'm just happy i was able to squeeze everything behind the taillight.

Comment

• I picked up a set of 8 bolt H1 beadlocks from ebay and dropped them off at Dean Reeds for a re center and rock rings. These didn't come with run flats so dean gave me a set of 4. Didn't try and sell me his latest version (which is pretty slick) just wished me luck with modifying the originals. Really cool dude.
                              No pic's of the rims yet, just the runflats and mods, and yes , magnesium really does burn .
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                                and yes , magnesium really does burn .
                                DUH! torch a VW block in the middle of the night and you will have sunshine for a few hours!
                                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                                X