Blwngsket Gearbanger Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Tony! That looks sweet!
    Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Very nice
      69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Looks good!
        302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Finished up on Monday. Here's the pic's.
          Tony
          Attached Files
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Looks great Tony! I'm going to go the screw-on lid myself, but you know the fun I'm having. Found out on the top I/we had reverse one click off. Should pop right in tonight, then I will fab up a cover like yours. What ga metal did you get?

Rick-
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I believe I used 18 ga. It was laying around the garage. The hard part was welding it to the old floor, really thinned out with surface rust. Need to replace those now. OK group, I know this question has been asked already. Who has the best floor peices? More concerned with fit and strength than cost. Rick, I hope that's the problem. Have you already cut open the the trans tunnel? As you know reverse being slightly off was the problem I had. Let me know if you need help. I'm no pro on 435's but am willing to help.
              Tony
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

OK group, I know this question has been asked already. Who has the best floor peices? More concerned with fit and strength than cost.
                I ended up having pretty good luck with the driver's side floor panel I got from Wild Horses. Initially it looked like the bend in the rear of the panel was wrong but after I cut out the old floor it fit in like a glove. Patched the hole for the fuel tank switch too - going electric for that. The only thing I don't like is that the edge that mates with the firewall (front) is cut at an angle, because it makes hiding the fact that it's a replacement more difficult.

The other Tony
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I was hoping to hear good things about the wild horse's pieces, they're close and I can pickup. Not worried about the wierd angle cut into the upper portion of the drivers floor piece, it's all getting cover in some kind of bed liner goo anyway. This thing is never gonna be a show rig, as long as it's strong and looks good enough I'm good with it, besides I'm sure once I get it out again THERE'S GONNA BE DAMAGE. Not that I drive like an A Hole. I just haven't been out in a long while and want to play.
                  The other Tony

Comment

Not worried about the wierd angle cut into the upper portion of the drivers floor piece, it's all getting cover in some kind of bed liner goo anyway. This thing is never gonna be a show rig, as long as it's strong and looks good enough I'm good with it
                    X2

Don't expect a perfect fit with the WH panels and you won't be let down. On mine it was nothing that could not be fixed with a BFH and a welder. Close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades anyway. I feathered the weld joints with a little bondo, and once it gets lined with the "goo" you'll only be able to tell its a replacement looking at it from under the hood - hopefully anyway.

Tony
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Sounds good, Thanks. Still have YOUR copy of Bronco Driver.
                      The Other Tony

Comment

tony, how far above the shifter lock twist thingamabob(the ring that holds the shifter into the trans top) is the adapter mounted on the stick??? we only have about an 1 1/2'' or so then the stick is bent back at a 90. I was wondering if that was going to be enough stick or if we were going to have to straighten and then cut the stick. thanks for any info!

POPS
                        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

With the stick in the tower and the retention cup thinga- ma- jig locked in place it's 1 " from the top of the cup to the bottom of the banger clamp and it seems to shift real good. I left mine as long as possible to see how the shifter loosens up and how my tranny likes it, nice to be able to adjust it. I think mine in total is 3" +/-. 1.5" should be good. How'd your shifter shift with the old shifter? If it was stiff you might need more, if it shifted easy it should be good.

Tony

Comment

thanks tony, that was a big help!!! trans shifts real smooth, so it should be ok....

POPS
                            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Glad that helped. Couldn't help but notice the 3.54's in your bio. Ouch, you really needed a granny low. When I had my 3.50's in I had a 435 hp 351 and a top loader 4 speed.I could smoke the tires into 3rd gear, lots of tire speed. Not good for wheelin or keeping tires on your rig.. Good stuff. Good luck doin the gear banger (you wont need it ) it's really easy to do.

Tony

Comment

hey blwngsket...

if you feel like some extra work, i good finish for that shifter is some steel wool. just sand it with that and will close the paint up and will not rust. then if you hit it with some clear (rattle can of course) it will look great. looks better (imo) then just spraying it with semi-gloss black.... just a thought
                                {o===o}
                                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                                Originally posted by CityHick
                                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X