6daze project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 6daze project

Nice! You're going to like the Warn M8000, its a workhorse for an 8K winch, excellent bang for the buck. The Warn relay box must be a newer design than mine - I like the looks of it and really like that its under the hood.

You're making good progress and doing nice work.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by 6daze View Post
      Test fit the new bumper and ordered a winch!
      which manufacturer bumper is this?
      '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        Nice! You're going to like the Warn M8000, its a workhorse for an 8K winch, excellent bang for the buck. The Warn relay box must be a newer design than mine - I like the looks of it and really like that its under the hood.

You're making good progress and doing nice work.
        Thanks, it's been fun building it, looking to spend some time behind the wheel. The M8000 was such a great deal that I couldn't pass it up. I too like solenoid under the hood. Cleans it up a bit.
        71 Bronco
        EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
        Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

It's a Protofab bumper, picked it up on the way home from the Grand Canyon. WH sells it too.
          71 Bronco
          EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
          Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Made it out to our big annual event down here; Bronco Daze. Usually the family comes with but we decided to keep the kids home with mom due to the rain.

My day was cut short due to a failed hydroboost fitting. It sprayed PS fluid on the header and started a small fire! Fortunately I was able to stop quickly and get my extinguisher out. Thank God for hood shocks! It just took a quick shot with the extinguisher and the flames were knocked down.

I was not able to easily fix it and we were at the end of our run so I just towed it back to camp.

Pics for proof:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 6daze; 11-15-2011, 07:38 PM.
            71 Bronco
            Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

more pics
              Attached Files
              71 Bronco
              Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

6daze I stopped you and two other broncos when you were getting towed out of Truckhaven. I was looking for fuel line. Do you know the name or screeen name of the guy in the orange bronco that gave me some fuel line. I wanted to thank him for helping me out.

Comment

Originally posted by bswakeboarder View Post
                  6daze I stopped you and two other broncos when you were getting towed out of Truckhaven. I was looking for fuel line. Do you know the name or screeen name of the guy in the orange bronco that gave me some fuel line. I wanted to thank him for helping me out.
                  His name is Steve but I don't know if he is online. He is a good dude though, stayed with my Bronco for over an hour while I got a tow rig.
                  71 Bronco
                  Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Couple of small projects done on a 4 day...

Finally changed over my turn signals to the 66-68 lenses. They have been bothering me for the last 10 years....

Rerouted my upper rad hose, again. I went back to the GTO hose and trimmed my fan shroud a little bit. This should work until I get a 5.0 radiator.

Installed my christmas present, the Krawlers Edge wiper cover. Another thing that has been bothering me for years, the wiper mechanism. This is a very clean, cost effective solution.

Of course I had to modify the cover a little but it fit great!

I almost have my transfer pump figured out as well. Fuel guage is kicking my a$$.

I should be tearing apart the front axle at the end of the month for a grind and turn.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 6daze; 01-06-2012, 02:43 PM.
                    71 Bronco
                    Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Well my Beard seat brackets showed up but they are still making my seats....I am attempting to put Mastercraft seats on Beard brackets. I need the passenger side to tilt foward.
                      Attached Files
                      71 Bronco
                      Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Well no wrenching but the kids had fun at Fab Fords!
                        Attached Files
                        71 Bronco
                        Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Seats finally came in. It looks like I will not have to do too much fab work to get them on the Beard mounts. Hopefully I can make some progress this weekend.
                          Attached Files
                          71 Bronco
                          Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Originally posted by 6daze View Post
                            Seats finally came in. It looks like I will not have to do too much fab work to get them on the Beard mounts. Hopefully I can make some progress this weekend.
                            Nice you are going to love them! So incredibly comfortable!

Comment

• Seats are in!

I went with Beard brackets for two reasons; price and the ability to flip the passenger seat forward.

These brackets were about $250 shipped through BC. The Mastercraft brackets retail at about $400 so I was able to save a little money.

The flip forward of the passenger seat is completly unusable with high back seats. The headrest simply hits to roof or the windshield before the seat moves enough to do you any good.

But now that I had these brackets I decided to make them work. The Mastercraft seats are slightly wider than the Beards so I created mounts that bolt to the brackets and the seats, keeping the seats as low as possible. I just used some 2" wide 1/8" flat bar for these.

Driver's side:

The brackets mounted to factory seat locations, no holes required! The brackets are slotted to allow for some wiggle room. I did use nuts on the back side of two of the bolts (see yellow arrows) and two used factory threaded holes. I did have to drop the aux tank to get to one the mounting locations.

For this side I bolted the bracket down to the floor with the mounts bolted on. Next I dropped the seat on top and bolted it to the bracket. I have a good amount of adjustabilty in the slider mechanism as the seat touches the twin sticks when it is slide completely forward.

Pics:
                              Attached Files
                              71 Bronco
                              Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Passenger side:

The brackets lined up to factory holes in three of the four mounts. Only the rear outside mount needed a hole drilled. Again two of these bolts needed nuts (see yellow arrows), two used factory threaded holes.

These brackets were designed to use a rod that was bolted to the seat bottom. The bracket had a catch mechanism that when released, allowed the seat to tilt forward. I was not able to use this at all, so I completely removed it. Again I just used flat bar to mount the seats to the brackets.

This allowed me however, to move the seat forward on the bracket. Therefore the seat moves farther forward than the driver's side. This in turn gave me better access to the rear seats. The passenger seat does not slide as far back as the driver's side but that is not as important to me. I needed better access to the back.

Pics:
                                Attached Files
                                71 Bronco
                                Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Working...
                                X